- i grew up in rural NZ, predominately on dairy farms.
- i love camping with family and friends but the last time we did was through a thunderstorm.
- i have been living as an expat since february 2010.
- in december I gave birth to my son via a water birth at home.
- my feet are sized between 9 – 10, just thought you should know.
- i am a reluctant cook/baker, it’s on my to-do list for when i have a proper kitchen.
- my favorite Korean food is ‘andong jimdalk‘ – so good!
- i am learning to stick to a schedule, it has taken a while.
- i am learning to accept that my imperfect is sometimes perfect for my son, because it’s me that he needs.
- i once lined up for 11 hours overnight for a ticket to a rugby final. it.was.worth.it.
- i am glad I have reached number 11!
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I have had more travels experiences in my life so far than I would have ever hoped for but one place I would love to visit is Norway. I have Norwegian ancestry so I feel this would be so interesting to experience.
What’s your favorite color?
My favorite color is deep ocean blue.
What would be your perfect day?
A day starting with a lazy sleep-in, gathering yummy treats and driving off for a road trip to somewhere new. The day would be warm and breezy, stopping to enjoy the surrounds and finally meeting friends for a dinner BBQ and laughing late into the night. Ah, that is perfection.
If you got to choose any job you wanted what would it be?
To be honest, I love my job right now. I am still learning as this is my first year but it is a great balance of mentoring others and administration. I have much to learn but at this point, it is really right for me.
What was your favorite toy that you had as a child?
Snoopy was a favorite soft toy. He kept me safe when I was afraid of the dark until one day we had a garage sale and mom sold him. I was devastated!
If you became a star and you had to change your name what would it be?
As as university student I always joked with my friends, that if I was famous I would just be Clare ~ like Cher, Madonna, Adele etc. That would be me!
What type of books do you like to read?
I love to read biographies, they are powerful in the way they share how that person has overcome something or the attitude they had helped them. I always find them inspirational.
If you had a chance to meet your favorite movie star, who would it be?( past or present)
Hmm, I wouldn’t know what to say but if had the chance I would love to have a quick coffee with Taika Waititi, he is a fascinating and talented kiwi actor, writer and director.
If you could be any animal what would you be?
I would be an otter, I love their nature ~ their amazing acrobatics in the water; they are very clever creatures.
What was your favorite TV show growing up?
I had many favorite 80s/90s shows that were my favorite but ‘Quantum Leap’ sure had me on the edge of my seat!
If you could change one thing in your life to make it better, what would it be?
I would love to worry less. I would love to be a little more care-free.